Old 08-13-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Abundance

Originally Posted by wendyarb View Post
Last week I attended my 1st Nar-Anon meeting, yesterday I joined SR and so far I'm starting to understand that his addiction is HIS problem, eventhough I had made it my addiction as well and it had consumed me so much that I had lost reality of my own life.
I work full time, my daughter is in pre-school, we live on our own and we barely get by but we're happy. Up until a week ago I cried everyday, I worried everyday, I was still consumed by his life, but I have SLOWLY let go and I am doing fine. I'm much happier, I'm more productive and my attention is 100% given to my daughter.
Thank you for the opportunity to share my story and in return I'm happy so say that I will get advice, get help and find wonderful friends thru this website.
Thank you and I welcome everyone and anyone that wants to talk or offer some advice!
WOW...... I can not tell you just how much you sharing your story here has helped me! I am just day #2 from physically detaching.... it really is quite the time of it! But I question why I'm even giving power to it... ya know? So I have to tell myself little slogans and personal affirmations to knock it out of me. Either that or pick up this drug addiction that numbs the pain and is so much better than me. :::rolls eyes:::
Seriously....I could see that as being a possibility. Will I do that? NO! I don't like drugs like that. It doesn't call me, but I'll tell ya... even my mom said she didn't understand how all of this didn't lead me to drinking! Ya think? I can totally see how people are double winners in recovery. I really love how it is referred to as winners btw!!! RECOVERY IS FOR WINNERS!

Sorry for going off on a tangent there..... I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!

And thank you again for sharing, because it really helps me so much right now to read stories where people are able to move forward and moving forward or have moved forward.