Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jody Hepler

Wendy -

Thanks for sharing your story with us. And keep coming to SR and Naranon. There are lots of us out here who understand only too well what you have lived through. Alanon/Naranon gave me the education about addiction that I needed - to make some tough, but necessary decisions about my addict sons.

One of the indicators of addiction for the addict - is what are they willing to give up, the risks they are willing to take, to continue their addiction. And for us who are as addicted to the addict as they are to their drugs - it is the same.

I have a friend that spent a New Year's Eve in the police station handcuffed because she broke into her addict boyfriend's apt., found him with someone else and hit him over the head with a frying pan and he called the police - never mind he was always the violent one. And she was a lawyer! That was her bottom. As she says when she tells her story, she was willing to risk her profession - and her professional reputation - to find out what he was doing. We get crazy too.

Keep coming back - the support is here.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler