Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
roger2

safety in numbers

Thanks, Log Cabin. I suppose I need help from other people too. I can quit for a few days, even a week but by then I'm feeling good and ready to drink it up.
I live by myself in a beautiful little house in the woods. I actually am "elated" at times coming home on Friday, big bottle of wine, some chips and salsa, a DVD...and I'm thinking...THANK GOD, I'm alone and can do whatever I want. Woo hoo.
Then I wake up in the morning feeling terrible...ready to quit again and again and again. Once I woke up and I'd tipped over my glass next to the bed and it must have landed on my little dogs head - his head was purple. Kind of awful but pretty funny too.
I'm scared to think what I'm doing to my health. I'm 60 yrs. old and have been doing this a long time. My daughter is getting married in October and I want to look great for her wedding...not all red faced and bleary eyed!
Regarding the genetic thing and a lot of other stuff...most people simple would not believe the line of bull they are fed daily through the news and even so called scientific studies. "Studies have shown"...can mean ANYTHING.
Gotta do this thing.