Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wendyarb

[QUOTE=hello-kitty;1869401]I want to strangle him - to make him understand what he is doing to his little boy - to force him to be a good loving father. But I can't. Those are his choices.

Hi Hello Kitty: That's exactly how I feel, what you wrote I feel! I want to make him understand that what he is missing, in his daughter's development, he will never see or experience again. It breaks my heart to see my daughter look at her friend's father's as they pick them up from school, she runs up to them and hugs them (mind you, my daughter is extremely affectionate), but just knowing that she's doing that makes me wonder if she's missing her father. Does she know about missing yet (she just turned 2 in May)? Or am I being dramatic about the whole situation? Am I appplying my own experiences of my father's abandonement when I was 12? Am I applying the hurt that I felt to my daughter's affection to other people? I'm not sure and that's why I'm seeking answers and help and advice. I just know that it's out of my control what HE decides and it drives me insane b/c I'm a control freak! I need to let go and just give my daughter MY unconditional love and hope that that is enough for her. It just really breaks my heart, more than the heartache I went thru when I left him.