Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
roger2

too much bull

My problem is that I don't believe all the stuff I hear about alcoholism, and many other things for that matter.
Genes make proteins...that's all they do. It's a long journey from a protein to an actual behavior. I don't believe alcoholism is a disease. What? Does a drunk sneeze on you and then you catch alcoholism??? Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic....don't believe that either. I don't believe in the whole "powerless" thing and leaving it up to a higher power.
So I get really negative when I hear all these things at AA meetings. People drink alcohol because it feels good.
It's a habit, it's addictive (fun things are) and basically you just have to kick yourself in the butt and quit. Need to eat healthy, think good thoughts, exercise, and figure out why getting wasted is better than not getting wasted.
Thanks to all who have wished me luck. Maybe that's all it boils down to.
Anyways.....gonna try again. I guess I can do what I do in church, when I go. Think my own thoughts and just realize that everyone in the church is there because they want goodness in their lives...and ignore the details.