View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
joinedintime

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
Yes-it is.

Sorry-I know I'm being blunt-but that's my nature.I'm a bit confused.On the one hand you're saying you're communicating better with your wife-then you say something like this?It's very self absorbed.But I did get it's not the only reason.I guess I don't have all the information.I'm not in any way suggesting you leave her-but I am suggesting you stop focusing on her behavior(and maybe blaming her for why you drink?) and just take care of your 'side of the street' as they say.Early sobriety is not a time to make major decisions about your life-as far as changes go.Get used to living sober/differently, clean up your own issues and then maybe address the 'stuff' in your marriage.

Just my opinion and I accept I could be completely wrong here.But it just sounds to me like you're thinking way too far ahead and focusing on distractions rather than your own recovery.

Feel free to go off at me-LOL.I do mean well-but I'm not good at coddling people either.It's okay if I'm wrong.

Jules.
Jules,
Blunt is not only cool, but prefered.
Not trying to make any more major decisions now if at all possible. Wish I could put the relationship on hold and recover for 6 months and sort out all my tangled, previously alcohol effected, thoughts. But that ain't gonna happen so I deal.

I do want to work things out with her and I can't blame her for my drinking, nor do I want to. I drank during all our good years too, just not as much or as often.

I'm working my side of the street but that does include things that blow over from the other side. Sometimes they are thrown over.

Thanks for the input Jules.