Thread: What to do?!?!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by NeedHelp81 View Post
I don't want to be the one who throws my hands in the air and says "Good luck to you and the crappy life you''ve stumbled upon!"
First of all, I don't think any one of us would say it's easy to let go. I hung on for 20 years, so that tells you something about how hard it was for me.

But, I have to address your comment above. He didn't just "stumble" into his life. He made choices along the way, and those choices led to where he is now. And the same is true for you. In the OP, you alluded to not being able to stop yourself from sleeping with him. That's BS. You are making a choice as well. We all make choices every day.

When I stopped fooling myself into thinking that I was some helpless victim of circumstance, and started taking responsibility for my choices, I started making better choices. Well, what do you know? Owning my choices empowered me. You know what else? It's something everyone can do. There is no secret pill, or magic genetic combination. It's actually quite simple. Note that simple does not equal EASY.

L