Thread: New Again
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Gertiegirl

Hiya darl, and welcome to SR!

Im a married SAHM too - 3 young kiddos. I find that school holidays, and generally day to day stuff can be very taxing, and I often find myself bored and lonely which I am sure as you may have experienced too - generally adds to my drinking problem. After a hard day with the kids bickering and demanding, it sure feels like a reward to wind down with a glass of wine at the end of a day! Its taken me a while to get through my head its not actually a reward at all - its a poison, with the potential to rip my family apart. Good on you for giving stopping another go, and I hope you have the support of your hubby. I seem to seeing around 4 different people at the moment to "fix my head" (Phychiatrist, Alcohol counsellor etc etc) and whilst it can feel a bit full on at times it seems to be working. Between them, SR and the occasional AA meeting I seem to be making good progress and I pray the same for you. PM if ya ever wanna chats bout the trials of SAH parenting and the temptation to "unwind" at the end of the day!

God bless you and yours, Luvvies!
Gerts.