View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
four812

I like to watch prospective "sponsors", and see them a few times at meetings, and perhaps just talk with them (not about being my sponsor). I have found that the first time they can seem like the best thing since the shoe was invented and the next time I wonder what the heck was I thinking.

I'm sponsorless.....but I do make it a point, a part of my meeting, to always talk with someone before and/or after the meeting. at least one person, 5 minutes minimum. more than one is even better. I have to put myself out there a little bit and try to be part of the group in some way. I'm doing this more, making it a mandatory part of my meeting. I need about a 2 hour time slot to go to a meeting. the contacts/conversations can be just as rewarding as a meeting, and if it was an unrewarding meeting, it can still be a "feel good" time if I make a good connection.

If someone asks me if i need a sponsor and offers themselves, I almost automatically put them in the "you're not going to be my sponsor" category.