View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
IPT

Off to buy that book right now. Well, this Friday night she called and the long and short of it was she decided to hang out with her family and do drugs rather than see me. I had only seen her once all week too. She texted me today and said she was "sorry" she wouldn't be there tonight either, but could she "come home" Sunday?

I kept my cool Friday night and simply said "ok, good night". Of course I want to see her and usually my response is to just say "yes" when she finally offers to come over. My response this time is going to be different. I plan on telling her this:

"I love you, and at this point had hoped we'd be living together, maybe even engaged. You are very important to me, and I want to support you but your priorites seem to be elsewhere. Since you have made the drugs and your family the priority most of the weekend you should just remain with them. I would prefer not see you this weekend at all. Maybe during the week?

Too harsh? Too much, not enough? I know I should just say "call me when your ready to go to a NA meeting" but I haven't the strength yet to follow thru if she doesn't. Thoughts? Support ? Encouragement?