View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile

Originally Posted by rivka View Post
Done-With-It,
Wise insight. Though I have my own issues, I'm often humbled by the strength, courage and conviction of recovering addicts/alcoholics, like you, who open yourselves up to help us learn and understand what we're dealing with.
It's not just "your opinion"...it's your LIFE...and for you to share from obviously painful past personal experience is very gracious.
Thank you.

rivka
Thank you.. I look back at myself at the first few month especially, and omg,
how embarassing, I was yelling at some people who I had no right to yell at,
(on here) the ones who were in pain just expressing their pain, and I didn't mean to, but I did..... I don't know why, it was just where I was.... Luckily they were patient with me, but they did call me on it. But it was a recovery board, in my real life I pretty much hid from everyone for a long time because I was kind of afraid of myself. Little outbursts were kind of normal, but not "Normal" for me. I remember my Mom saying honey it's okay often, lol.. It took me some time, but my brain started to get back to normal...
and I learned again how to feel, and how to express myself. But it takes a lot of work, and learning how to 'feel pain' again, is really hard...
That's a common thing we addicts seem to not be able to cope with more than others... But it is definitely doable. And if he is going to meetings twice a day, then maybe he is doing work on himself...
But the bottom line I think is we teach people how to treat us..
so now matter what he's going through its never okay to treat you bad.
And I would NEVER want anyone to 'let me' treat them bad.... no matter what was going on...... that doesn't help me...(or you)..
:ghug