Thread: New to this!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
hope213

welcome to S.R. you are here with caring understanding people who are where you are or have been there. my addict is my son. he is 37 & still doing the wrong things. he is in jail now waiting trial again. he has been in prison as much as he has been out for the pass 20yrs. i never had to put him out of my house ,he was married when things really went down for him. i was a big codie untill a few yrs. ago. 10,000s of dollars for rehabs, bonds, lawyers,all a waste of money. there is nothing you can do to help him. he has got to hit his bottom in order to change. he may never hit it. learn what we have learned here. how to detach with love & let him fall.you did not Cause it,you can not Control it, & you can not Cure it. i carried so much guilt when it came to my son. i thought it was my fault. your son has choices & his life is up to him.read "what addicts do" at the top of the forum page. pray for your son, as i will & learn to take care of yourself. it will only get worse untill he has had enough. keep coming back here,we r here for you.prayers,