Thread: New to this!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Lobo

Welcome Boggled,
I am the mom of a 27 yr. old RAD. It has been a tough road that we walked on for 6 yrs.
I am a single mom, so I did it alone with her. Our lives were a trainwreck for 6 yrs. off and on. Her DOC was heroin. Although she used other drugs too. Mainly heroin and crack. She has been clean from street drugs for 1 year now. She is on a low dose of methadone. She is doing things the right way now.

I do remember the times that I kicked her out of my house because I just had all I could take. How did I do it? Well, I just told her she had to leave in a heated argument. She just threw a bunch of clothes in her grocery store luggage and had one of her loser friends pick her up. She lived from sofa to sofa for a while. She did have a cell phone that I paid for so I could always maintain some kind of connection to her. I couldn't live not knowing if she were dead or alive. I needed that connection.

I could write a book on what has happened between then and now, but for now things are good. She works and stays sober. They can recover if they want to, but you can't make them. It is all up to them.

Blessings on you and your son..............Lo