View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by JPat View Post
i've done AA before and didn't really like it.
Just a few thoughts on that statement. I don't like paying my monthly bills. I'd really love to have some money just to blow, but well, that's part of my personal accountability in life.

I don't like taking out the trash every Thursday evening. However, if I don't take it out, there's another week of it piling up, it stinks, and it's gross!

I don't like the fact I will have to have some serious self-discipline this month when I start college classes for a double degree. It's all online, and that means no physical schedule to meet for classes, no instructor in front of me. But if I practice self-discipline, I will pass those classes and achieve that goal I have set for myself.

I didn't like sitting in AA at first either. But you know what? It saved my ass, along with a loving God, and the efforts I have made in my recovery.

For me, once I really started to get some emotional maturity in recovery, I realized some important things. Life isn't fair all the time. People will let you down. You will have to do things you don't like to do if you want to achieve good things in your life.