Thread: New to this!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boggled

Unhappy New to this!

Hi - I am new to this and found this site through a search engine. I have a 20 year old son addicted to cocaine who has also been a heavy alcohol user and marijuana smoker. I found out about his cocaine use in about March this year. In late May he went to a detox center and then straight into a residential program that was supposed to be about 10 weeks long. About halfway through the program - in which he was doing really well - he showed codeine in his urine (they did random urine drug testing) and he had to leave the home. He has vehemently denied taking any codeine.

He did well at home for a few weeks but then started using cocaine again in mid July. He went back to the detox center for one day only at the end of July. He is waiting to get back into a residential treatment center now but I know he used cocaine last night again.

He steals from me, lies to his grandparents to get money also. I feel I'm at my wit's end with having to hide money, my Visa card and keep changing my PIN#s on my bank cards. He is not working and has not really been working since February and at that time only worked a few months. He did not finish high school - I think because of the amount of partying and marijuana use at that time. I have a 15 year old son who has to hide his money too.

I would just like to hear from people who have been through this and get some ideas of what to do. Should I ask him to leave home? I do really feel that I am enabling him but am scared to let him go too. He really wouldn't have anywhere to go unless he gets social assistance.

Basically I am just so scared and don't know what to do.