Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thanks everyone. I havent felt really good about myself in so long. It just feels like I have come out of a cave or something. I cant put into words what it is. It just feels so good.
And I thought maybe I was experiencing the pink cloud again. But this isnt like that was before. This feels so much more stronger and like it has some lasting power.
My friend I still talk to tells me to set small goals and keep setting small goals . And eventually they will lead to a bigger one. He writes me if he doesnt hear from me and tells me if I am messing up. Just pick myself back up and try again.
That coming from a drug dealer I use to hang out with all the time. I havent seen him in 10 yrs. But we are like family. That was my dilemma in letting people go. I cant let all of them go. But I know which ones to keep now.
Matty...Very very good post. I actually understood what you were saying. I got it. Thats what I mean when I say I feel like I am not smart enough. Because. Big words..simple big words lose me alot. LOL...But I got and felt every word of that.
Thanks everyone. All of you here have played a big part in my growth.
I enevr would have thought I would find such bonds with faceless people.
And I dont see just words on a screen. I imagine who you guys are. What you may look like. I really interact with all of you as if you were standing right next to me.
SR rocks!

Oh and I want to add that..I have always had a very loving..supportive..Unconditional family. They have always been there no matter what. All that love for me. And I am always surrounded by it and so much happiness. But it meant nothing if I myself dont love myself.
If that makes sense.