Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dean62
Adjusting my Sails

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
So where I am as of right now is....

I have learned to take it easy on myself. Love myself. Care about myself.
Believe I can make it. Believe I am worth it.
We all knew it but that really wasn't the point. Now the only person that mattered knows it. You are worth it.Thank you for posting it. :ghug3
Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Another thing I have noticed.

I have been getting some cravings that hit out of nowhere alot lately. And I seriously beat those thoughts down. I dont give them a nano second to become a long drawn out..torturous day dream. I litterally Say to myself. Thats BS. I cant think that. I cant and wont even go there. I am done. And it is becoming habit to automatically jump my mind into a visual of the last time I used. Which was pure hell. And as fast as they came. They are gone. I would any other time. Entertain the thoughts a little. Not anymore. That breeds temptation. Its kinda cool actually. I dont even know how I am pulling that one off. But it works. So I am not even going to question that one.
I posted here 4 months ago the last time I almost drank. I didn't drink that day and when I got home I called my sponsor and told him how close I had come and how I had fought the craving all day. He said "I don't even entertain the idea." Trish like you when the thought comes I dismiss it so fast it doesn't even come close to a craving. It's gone so fast I don't have to fight it.

Now Trish you may not know how your pulling it off and that's ok. You don't have to believe in my HP. She's helping you because she loves you. (Sorry but I have to give props to my HP).

Thanks for making my day.

Larry