Thread: Would you go?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
kj3880

The above is exactly what I mean, scoob.

Anna isn't annoyed by you, she's just telling you it's OK to say No.
To me, to your sister, to anyone you need to say it to.

As addicts and alkies, all the common wisdom in our programs says that we tend to be oversensitive people. That's what I mean. Those folks aren't prolly even thinking about how much you talked at a party that happened weeks ago. Even if they are (they aren't), once you are doing a bit better, it won't drive you as nuts as it does in very early recovery. You'll start to feel better about yourself, and as you work the steps, you'll realize that it isn't usually about you. Other people are so worried about what the crowd is thinking about them, about how they look, that they barely notice us and how we act unless we do something like put our fist through a wall or dance naked on the table top (hi sis...lol). And even if we did that stuff, once we start working the steps, we let it go.

It gets a lot better. More is yet to be revealed. You're gonna be just fine if you get out of your own head and into a meeting. And do whatever you want about the party. We're just giving you ideas of what we would do. If we didn't like you, or you were annoying, we wouldn't be trying to help you. We all like you. Love from:
KJ