View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NoelleR

I'm in agreement with everyone here that it should not be considered a slip/relapse, however.....

When it comes to OTC medication that contains alcohol....? Here I disagree slightly..... (o: For me, just as many drugs have valid uses; even though I might have misused them in the past doesn't mean I can never use them for their original intent (with a doctor's prescription and as directed) ....And this goes for alcohol too.....

When I have a cold/flu.....one that I can't seem to shake, and I'm at the point that I can't sleep because my caughing wakes me up once I start to fall asleep........well, I cover my chest with mentholatum or vicks vaporub and take a capful of nyquil (15% alcohol now since they lowered it - it used to be 25%). That small amount of alcohol in the medication does the job (along with the other ingredients) and allows me to get about 4 hours of caugh-free sleep.....

I'm also not one of those folks who doesn't do any products that may have some alcohol in them, whether they be medications or food product. I feel if I did that, then alcohol would still be ruling my life......and that's not why I got sober.....just imho, tho..... (o:

NoelleR