View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StillLearning1

((blacksheep))

Welcome to SR, it's nice to meet you! That's alot to handle. From my time here at SR, alanon, counseling. I'm learning the good news.
It's not my responsibility, I don't have to take care of adults, sick adults. I grew-up in a home that may share some similarities. I definately felt that it was my job and responsibilty, that to say, "no" was bad.. unloving.. etc. Other's happiness, other's physical and emotional health was definately controlled by me.

I'm sorry that your mother and sister are sick. I'm sorry your mom is buying the heroin for your sister. Just keep in mind- you will hear this a lot- you didn't cause it and you can't control it. That is their choice and they are adults.
Though you may have to accept it- who they are and what they choose to do. It doesn't have to be acceptable to you!
You can step back.. It is okay!!
One of the things that has really helped me- is reading, the posts here.. There are people who share similiar experiences- feelings. Have traveled the road. Excellent role-models for me- I read and I say to myself. I want that!!!
Thanks for sharing your story- I look forward to sharing the journey!!