View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TTOSBT
To Thine Own Self Be True

First,
Pasturized, CONGRATS on one day sober! See, that is how it is done, ONE day at a time. I am thrilled to hear that you have that support from, your husband. I have the same and it has made a world of difference. Stay busy and vary your normal schedule. I know I have shared this many times before but for the first couple of weeks I was very uncomfortable in my kitchen making dinner because that is when I drank (hid it from everyone), so be nice to yourself and try to be grateful for every little thing that comes with being sober.

Eclipse, Good for you!! I also went right back to work. It is rough and I feel for you. Walks are a great idea. Good news, it is almost the weekend. Nap if you want to! Do you drink tea? Warm baths and herbal tea helped me. Also, watch your caffeine intake. That made everything harder for me (especially sleep) and I was going nutso on it.
Oh yeah, and keep talking, you are right where you are supposed to be! (Glad I am far enough away that you can't slap me for that, my sponsor always says it and at times I want to throttle her for it)