Old 07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cem001

What a post.
I remember several times in several different post that I got exactly what I needed, whether I wanted to hear it or not. One is below:

(me)
Well this past Friday (13th) was my 21st wedding anniversary. My RAH has been sober now for 3 years 7 months. This anniversary was like no other anniversary before. It was almost as though he was staying at a distance. Some of you know my story

(Noelle)
"...this past Friday (13th) was my 21st wedding anniversary..."

Alcoholism is a family disease.....and the selfishness can be family-wide too.

NoelleR

I remember reading that and thinking what a bi***! Then as the day progressed, I thought that was selfish of me. It was not only MY anniversary but MY husbands as well.

B52 keeps me honest on a few. I have learned when sharing here or at my Al-Anon group, that everyone has a right to their own opinion. Whether theirs is right for you that's your business, but you respect those who that guts to talk and accept help.

I get on here everyday to read because I know just how sick my Al-Anon brain is.

I am thankful for my home group & I am very thankful for my "internet group".

It's not always easy hearing the truth, 9 times out of 10 it hurts, but to understand it's said with love, and encouragement helps.