Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Thanks LTD, and all the moderators for sharing your views on this interesting thread.

When I first came to SR, I was very much in the same mind set as described by LTD, I had no problems, he needed to change, isn't he a git, aren't I the apogee of patience and endurance?!

I was not 'ticked off' by the responses or advice I was given. I tried my best to take each response and evaluate it. Sometimes, I disregarded a post thinking it did not apply to me. I have always gone back over my threads and re read them. Sometimes on a second or third visit to my thread, I would see things differently, especially if some time had passed - I could see the growth in my thoughts.

What concerns me is that sometimes, I see replys to a post that seem to overly wrap a person in cotton wool. Attempting to protect the original poster. in Britain we call it ''molly coddling''. Even posters stepping in to defend the original poster - surely this is for the poster to do themselves if they feel it necessary, or to leave for the moderators.

IMHO there seems to have become a crowd who challenge every opinion posted that differs with THEIR view of what the original poster needs or wants to hear. Typical codie behaviour of ''don't you worry hunny, I'll put these people back in line''. These types of posts, IMHO should be kept to minimum.

Again just my opinion

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx