View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LucyA

It's been a year

It's been a whole year on the 30th since Joes mum died and my brothers addiction was revealed to the rest of us.
For those of you who don't know me, Joe is my 11 year old nephew and his Dad is my Abrother, Joe's been living with me since April this year.

For those who do know me, well, Joe is doing fine, in fact we're all doing great really. Joe's asked me if he can stay with us for good, which made me a little sad to be honest, made me think he's realised his Dad isn't going to 'be there' for him, but also made me happy that he feels safe enough with us to ask that question.

I've started things with a solicitor about getting a residence order for Joe, my brother has had letters but hasn't responded to them, so I think it might be pretty much straightforward in that department, especially now Joe has expressed his own wishes about where he wants to live.

It's the school holidays here now, six weeks of mayhem! I was off on leave last week and got thinking about looking after me, so I've got the next two weeks off work too now.

We're all going out to buy a bush or something tomorrow, to plant for Joes mum, we don't have any other memorial or anything to remember her by, except for photos, because her sister and my brother wont decide what to do with her ashes. So I was talking to Joe today and we decided to try to find something that flowers in October for her birthday, and to buy a nice pot to plant it in as were thinking about moving house so we want to be able to take it with us.

I just wanted to share with you all, I wouldn't be so far on with Joe if it wasnt for you. Thanks.