View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paulos
1000 Post Club

Unhappy Thank you Lady + others.

Originally Posted by ladyamalthea View Post
((Paulos))

I've been out of town for a few days, and am just now seeing your post. I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel on certain fronts: I understand how it feels to feel so guilty over things that I should not feel guilty for at all. I understand how it is to feel so small against such a large world. I understand not enjoying things that used to make me happy. So, while I don't know exactly how it feels to be you, I can relate to several of the things you are talking about. I agree with the posts above... you are so much more normal than you give yourself credit for. And you're such a great person. You deserve to be more patient with yourself.

And you are much stronger than I am... you've been sober for how many days now??? 40? I can't even stay away from foods that are dangerous to me for a week, and here you are doing so well. You are really inspiring me right now to do better for myself, and for that I thank you. You are doing far more good than you realize.

*hugs*
41 days so far... I'd like to thank you Lady for saying what you spoke of regarding how it feels to be so small in the large world... it's like... such a helpless feeling I have... it's very frightening to wonder how I'll be in a year or 10... how much worse I'll be or hopefully better, they say you need hope to get better but not everyone gets better... I don't know if I've helped that many people to be honest Lady, I think I've just been a drag mostly who is always looking for support for my own insecurity... it's sad ain't it :| oh I care greatly for everyone though... the ones that care about me in return of course, and uhh... I ate fried chicken for two days so don't feel bad about eating bad food. I'm not that strong either ;\ and as for not being as happy about things I used to do I don't know... it's like have I finally realized how scary the world is and how unprepared I am without a security blanket or something? Damn thanks again..