View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Seeking Wisdom

Over the years of coming here, the single greatest benefit I have received is gaining insight and knowledge of the complex, confusing and very unique problems associated with alcohol addiction. The most valuable input can only be achieved from people that have actually lived with the problem.... be it from a recovering alcoholic or someone very close to them. Before I found this forum, some of the best insight I gained into alcoholism came from my father, a recovering alcoholic. His counseling and input was an enormous asset for both myself and my AH in trying to deal with this baffling affliction - and we felt a huge void when my dad was no longer around to share his insight. His willingness to share his experiences and offer caring support to both myself and my AH, even when he was very ill, is probably was of the profound and positive memories of him that I still treasure to this day.

Taz, I too have found your contributions quite valuable and feel they have added a much needed perspective to our understanding of how to make better decisions and choices from the complex problems discussed on this forum. I have noticed your absence and felt the loss of your input. Sometimes without a variety of perspectives and contributions, we can get stuck in a rut of a singular point of view. Our forum is at its very best when there are variety of well thought out contributions coming from those who have lived with many varied situations and experiences - all associated with living and coping with the effects of alcohol addiction.