View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
shellygirl

You know I have left another website because I was "gently reprimanded" because a young woman asked for opinions on if she should her marry her alcoholic boyfriend. Well I gently gave her my opinion and then was told that wasn't the alanon way. I pray that someone would have sat me down 22 years ago and had been honest with me about what living with an alcoholic was all about. What I love about this site is that we can be supportive, caring yet honest here because we understand each other more than anyone else ever can. I value that someone who understands how my AH feels and lives and can help me to understand, If this isn't the place than maybe a separate forum is a great idea. The more we can help each side to understand the other the more healing that can take place. My marriage is over but I still pray my husband will find recovery someday. I think if he could go on this site and talk to other family members other than his own it would be as helpful and my talking to alcoholics, to understand the addiction, has been for me.