View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SUNFLOWERGIRL29
Paused

i'm back again but I need help

Hi everyone!I am a newcomer yet an oldcomer! I went through the program years ago with my 1st husband, and guess what? I am back again after a second marriage and nothing has gotten any better!! Why? Because I also need help- not just the addict/alcoholic but me- the one who is reliable, honest devoted and caring!!! I am so sick of being so tired and sick that I feel like I have hit a bottom. For so long, I have resented my spouse for his choice to be an active user that I have so much anger built up in me. So now- its becoming to come out in ways I don't enjoy at all. I hold it in, I keep my mouth shut, trying to live by a program that I haven't been a part of for so long. I try to accept him for who he is, yet I have no respect, no trust, only anger, frustration and especially hurt. I intend to start going back to meetings, but as it is storming and our highway is closed, a meeting is out of the question. So.... could someone give me some insight re: how to let go of the hurt and anger. I realize now that I NEED to do this, not to make my relationship work, but to get my life back on track. :