View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ctrom40

Hello,

Thanks for the invite to check-in.

This Summer has been very busy and working has really put a damper on my computer time.

I do check in often to read all of your posts, but sometimes I am afraid to put my life in "print" for fear it will change for the worse.

:rof

My RAD has been sober for approx 7 months. She is out of the halfway house and three quarter house now. She has recently rented a house with a few other girls that she met in recovery that are also working on their recovery. My sister actually bought the house for her and the other girls to rent ~ they were very lucky that she was looking for a house to purchase as an investment. Her HP was definitely looking out for her and the other girls.

She goes to meetings everyday ... she is still on probation and her lawyer thought that it would help her when she gets in front of the judge, because she has a court date next week. Hopefully, she will not have any jail time imposed on her because of the 2nd DUI.

As for my AS - no contact with him since he stopped by to pick up his stimulus check. He has yet to hit his bottom. There is a warrant out for his arrest due to missed court dates. The police did come to my house last week looking for him. The cop probably thought that I was one mean little mom - when I said that I had no idea where my son was living. I really don't ...because I have gotten out of his HP's way...

Thanks for encouraging this parent to check-in.

Hugs,