View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Here's my take on the subject. We have many recovering alcoholics with a lot of recovery under their belts posting on this forum from time to time and I find their posts very useful, kind, and caring, and they understand that the majority of folks here are still in their painful situations and they are careful not to cause anyone additional pain. I welcome them here wholeheartedly.

However, we occassionally have a recovering alcohlic or two who are new to recovery posting here, too, with the intention of being helpful but they have inadvertently pushed my buttons. I know when my buttons are pushed that it's my problem to solve, but when that happens I want them to leave (because it's easier to ask them to leave than to deal with my hot button issues).

But I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too (darn it all) and I'll take an occassional recovery newbie that pushes my buttons so I can reap the benefits of all the knowledge the more recovered addicts have to offer on the forum.

I'm a big girl and I'm capable of deciding who I prefer to chat with on this forum. I don't need someone else to do that for me, especially when the rules of the forum aren't being breached and no one is being intentionally disrespectful.