View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wibble

6 Days and counting...

Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, i've been looking at SR for some time now and even used it for support in January when i stopped drinking for 3 weeks (my best yet).

I've lost track of the amount of times i've tried to stop drinking but i quit again on Sunday and have been sober since. I think whats shocked me the most is how much i want to drink. I mean I REALLY want to drink. I get so angry thats its come to this but i'm sure this is something we all go through. I can't believe how much it tears me up inside.

I go through all the conversations in my head about "I just need to find a balance with alcohol and am i really an alcoholic?"... well i guess someone who wants to drink non stop and thinks about it non-stop is quite possibly an alcoholic!!!!!

Anyway I'm doing my absolute best to make this time the one. I haven't been to any meetings and i'm not sure i really like the idea. I really like the idea of online meetings and support. I can understand how important it is to share experiences but i'm not sure i'm ready to do that in public....but hey maybe thats why i keep falling off the wagon? ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to read, i'll keep posting if you keep reading!