Thread: worry
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoFla Jen

Ditto here. I wonder sometimes when I can and will stop dreading coming home from work and start looking forward to being with the man I love.

The little bit of advice that I can give you is something that I taught myself years ago that I have occasional success in practicing...worry only about the things that you have control over. I used to get these horrible stomach aches because I would get so engrossed worrying about things that I either had no control over or couldn't change right at that moment. I'm from the South and we have a saying "you can't get blood from a turnip". If you truly can't do anything about it, worrying about it isn't going to help.

Something that I'm going to work on is trying to appreciate the good things in my life while they're happening instead of being so consumed with worrying about what bad thing will happen to balance out that good thing.

Hang in there! Maybe you can find comfort in knowing that other people share your problems. You definitely aren't alone in the world

Love and Peace,
Jen