View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Gertiegirl

Just as an update for all - today is now Day 5... Its been much easier then I expected. Havnt had to get to that puching bag yet! My first prob was a habitual one - reaching for my wine glass when relaxing in front of the TV or reading a book. Solved that one by using my wine glass, but filling them with soda water with a twist of lime instead! At day five Im running into a few more emotional problems, I hate upsetting people and if I percieve that I might have I run scared. Then theres the constant denial battle ya know - my brain keeps (forgettin entirely about the diazepam assistance) telling me, see you have done it for 5 days without a problem, maybe you aint really an alcoholic after all. Thankfully Ive wised up enough tot his condition that Im recognising the triggers etc etc and doin pretty well. Hiding from thw outside world aside from my alcohol counsellor, detox nurse, therapist etc at the moment, but I think in the short term this is healthy for me too. Im doing OK. Thanks all for you love and support! :ghug3 !
Gert.