Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
...Here's the bottom line, strongerwoman. Your gf can find this information out for herself at the hospital to which she admitted her sister. There are health care and mental health care professionals on staff 24/7.

I believe FD pointed out to you that you are allowing yourself to become entangled in a lot of drama. Perhaps the emails from your ex stimulated this drama-overdrive...
Got to agree with this Strongerwoman. You have been so used to caring for everyone else for so long, it is hard to break the habit. However your friends problems are not yours to solve, it is not your loved one, you are not at work, a simple, ''I'm sure the hospital staff could help you out'' would've been adequate help enough, or even point her to this web site for support.

It may sound harsh, I remember feeling that way myself, but in order to save sanity and to prevent becoming a caretaker for yet another person in our lives, we need to tend to what is ours only. Watch you don't replace the void of your AH's chaos with someone elses.

Continuing to emerse your self in the drama of those around you will ensure you are constantly in a place of emotional termoil and stress. Tend to your own side of the street. It will feel less alien as time goes on, and being able to detach from the chaos of others will provide you with better emotional security.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx