Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
onlyadreamer

new here

I am new to this. I have found myself in a situation that I dont know how to deal with. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and he is an addict. looking back on it I guess he always has been. coke was his first drug of choice. He stopped that only to go to a doctor and convince him that he had add and needed adderall. Me being stupid I guess assumed that this was ok cause his dr gave it to him. Months have gone by and he has gotten more grouchy and would stay up all night sometimes. I finnally confronted him a few months ago after counting his meds and they were all gone two weeks early. He swore to me he would take it as prescribed so blindly I agreed only to find once again meds were short again his script of 90 was down to 39 in five days. When I confronted him he said it was his med and he should be able to take it like he wanted. After him throwing something across the floor I made him leave. He has now decided that I was trying to control him and wants a divorce. I am devasteded. I think I did the right thing but its hard to convince myself of this as I sit here crying and missing him.

Does the pain ever go away?