View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
unigirl
One Day At A Time

Yeh this is tragic- my uncle died at that too from addiction. I have joined the group on facebook that her mother set up in memory of her daughter, she has done so to make everyone aware of the danger of alcohol and the diesease alcoholism. I was chatting to her on there - we shared back and forth and i think its such a wonderful positive thing her mother is doing-it was an honour to chat with her. From my experience i dont think her mother is solely blaming cheap booze for her daughters death- she knows her daughter had alcoholism - she just wants people to know how damging cheap booze esspecially can be to anyone. The facebook group is under stacey louise rhymes.
In my opinion more people need to be aware of alcoholism - so many (young people esspecially) dont realise what they suffer from (ie some of my mates), more needs to be down to smash the ignorance of the illness, it can affect anyone at any age, - if strories like this are shown in the media hopefully many can realise that they too are eligable and can stop in time, i was lucky as both my parents are in aa so i had their example, otherwise i doubt i would have got to aa at 20 as alcoholism is seen as a moral issue that affetcs elders mostly in society - not a progressive disease that can kill you any age. Thanks for the post.