View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
austingemini

Originally Posted by taintedlove View Post
i have googled all the links possible about drugs and drug abusers and i cant seem to really find the right word to guide me, us to a healthy relationship...
Also another point, i believe that every cure he got on his four rehabs faced relapses because the doctors prescribed him anti depressants and sleeping pills and analgesics in heavy doses to enable him to sleep and keep a positive attitude. but those pills and medications seem to me as harmful as drugs and he abuses them in larger quantities than prescribed... he told me once how all his drug abuse problems were the follow up of his "chemicals' addiction" and this quite what's happening...
Any advices people? it would help a young man carrying a better life..
Thanks and sorry for over writing
1) Welcome, we're happy to have you join us.
2) Your boyfriend isn't getting a 'cure'. He's getting education on how to get control of his life (notice I didn't say control of his addiction. Meaning: he'll never be 'cured'. He'll always be an addict.
3) You're fooling yourself about 'why' he's an addict. He had his addiction before he talked to the doctors right? It's natural what you're doing; You're trying to find a convenient box to put his addiction into. But you're looking in the wrong place. Like a fair skinned person will naturally burn in the sun faster than others, some of us just have programming that make us more susceptible. No one made him an addict or let him down (including you). And until he has finally had enough, he won't really begin the recovery process.
4) What is he doing differently this time? If the first four times didn't work - what's new this time? And not the delusional stuff like "oh this time he's got a better mindset" or "he wore his lucky socks to rehab" :P. Real, tangible, differences?

Not trying to be snarky with this post by any means - it just sounded like you, somehow, were mildly blaming yourself and others for your boyfriends addiction and (2) were holding out higher hopes this time though your earlier post didn't really indicate anything that had changed since the last time he was in rehab. Boy, that does sound snarky :/