View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
starflier

I'm feeling down in the dumps today, which is odd for me as I'm terminally optimistic. I hate it when reality slaps me in the face! It's so much easier to walk around with my rose colored glasses on, living in my fantasy world.

Got up early this morning to get my AP to the clinic for her CT scan appointment. Had to wake her up like four times. The final time I just basically told her that if she didn't get up I was just going to go to work and forget about it. She got up, but then was grumpy and complaining that she would never wake me up with that kind of attitude! Like she ever has to wake me up anyway.

On the way there, she kept talking about how stupid this was and she wished she'd just cancelled the appointment and how she didn't care anyway. I didn't say anything, just kept driving.

No results yet. Hopefully by Monday. But, after I took her home and went to work on the bus, I have continually been wondering why I care? She doesn't care, so why do I care so much? What is it about my personality that makes me care, and how do I get rid of it? I guess that's the codependency, right? I've always just thought of it as a responsibility ethic or something. Hard lessons.