Thread: Paranoia?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Paranoia?

I'm learning more and more about myself here lately, and one thing I've been thinking about a lot tonight is just how easily I become paranoid. If a friend doesn't call me back, I assume they are mad at me. When I hear people laugh as I walk by, I assume they are laughing at me. The worst part is that I'm 25 years old and still hate being home alone. Hubby is out seeing the 12:01 am showing of Dark Knight, and I have been an absolute NUT all night. I do this every time he goes out without me (which might happen once every few months... it's not like he's neglecting me or anything). Every little creak that I hear is, in my mind, someone else in the house. Forget that I have the alarm set. Forget that I learned just how quickly the police will get here the other day when the alarm went off and I called them in a panic. No, if I hear ANYTHING at all in my less than a year old house, which is settling like crazy lately, it MUST be someone upstairs or downstairs, where ever I am not. I should also add that I've always had this problem; so, while I know that the Wellbutrin is known to exacerbate anxiety in some, so far I don't see that happening. This is no different from the way I've always been.

So, here's my question: Anyone else here have this problem? Or am I just that big of a baby?

Lol... I feel like this right now... except it's hard to count sheep when you're interrupted by your own baseless fear.