View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SistersHelp

Keeping track of events here to keep them all sorted out in my head. Sister just called to say she has been transferred to a different residential treatment centre. I was able to confirm her story about why she had to leave the other one, and spoke to the director of the centre.

News from the new centre is that this one is for for detox and rehab so it's acceptable for her to be there with her oxycontin prescription. I spoke to that centre's director who told me my sister is a lovely person... I feel awful that when someone tells me this I get scared that they're incompetent. Maybe I'm not such a lovely person myself.

This director seemed less emphatic about getting my sister off the oxycontin than the last one was. She said my sister will see a doctor for a step-down plan if it's possible. I asked her if someone from the centre with go with my sister to that doctor's appointment and she said that they usually don't do that. I told her that if no one actually confirmed the doctor's advice that she could probably assume it wasn't accurate. I told her that my sister is excellent at knowing what people want to hear and telling them... but that she isn't often telling the truth. It felt awful to say that about my sister to a stranger - and maybe it doesn't help - but I just want them to be on to her if she starts with the old tricks. Maybe I should just butt out.

The new centre is a lot further away than the other one. Is this a blessing?