View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

when we say we're "powerless over alcohol"...doesn't that mean that we're saying we can never quit?!
No, it means basically that once I put alcohol into my body I lose any power I may have had over it before I drank it. I have power over every single drop of alcohol in every single bottle of alcohol in the world as long as I do not put it in me, once I put it in me I lose any and all power I had over it before I drank it.

Can I have a single drink and not want more? No!!!! I may be able to resist having that second drink a few times, but I will be wantiing it. It will at a minimum hold that power over me, but I know darn well from past experience that one will never be enough, for me one drink is to many.

I am far happier not drinking then simply having one or 2 and spending the rest of the week/month wanting more. I never have enjoyed only having one or 2 drinks, as is said by someone in the personal stories part of the BB, when they controled thier drinking they did not enjoy drinking, when they enjoyed thier drinking it was never with control.