View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Jules62

Originally Posted by jherzanek View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't understand this thing about labeling yourself as a "chronic relapser"??? Seems like by taking on this label, a person is saying "this is what I am, and I have accepted it"

How about a little more positive thinking?
Yep.I accept some people do relapse this way-heck-I've relapsed quite a few times in this past year of moving towards sobriety.That said-I guess there's a place for it (labelling yourself a chronic relapser) if you want to see yourself that way-or feel trapped.Better we're honest than not about who we are-it's the only way out.

I just want to say though-having been at SR for over a year and seen Dee74 interact with many people here-he is never one to say anything with the intention of hurting or bringing anyone down.

If you look around you there are tons of people here who will tell you what a support he's been-and he is.He's been sober 15 months and has a wealth of experience to offer-most of it coming from some very hard life experiences of his own.

He can be direct-yes-but sometimes we need that-especially when we're in denial.I know he's been really blunt with me at times-but I needed it and he always backed it up with genuine concern.You can't ask for more than that from a fellow alcoholic.

I am certain he meant well here.I also know it's so easy for us to take offence, especially when we're drinking and feeling belligerent.So that's probably all it was in this case.

Tomorrow is a new day.Embrace it.Sober.

Now back to making the vow.That's what we're here for.I'm in!

Jules xox

Last edited by Jules62; 07-14-2008 at 12:39 AM.