View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Liberty, I sure can relate to the anxiety of playing the waiting game. A few months ago I began having several symptoms that lead my Dr.'s to run tests on my heart. The waiting was horrible but I had to have Faith that God would help see me through it . . . no matter what the results were. It was discovered that I do have Congestive Heart Failure, but I'm not in heart failure. Big difference there.

I had a lump in my breast several years ago and my Dr. sent me directly to a surgeon's office. I had a biopsy done three days later. Those three days were the longest of my life. Once the lump was removed, the Dr. said that he was almost positive it wasn't anything but I still was terrified until the results came back from the lab. That week seemed to take a year to pass. Fortunately, the lump was only a fibroid tumor, which are fairly common in women and men!

Please know that no matter what happens, you don't have to drink. You've got a really good start to a lifetime of Sobriety if you so chose. I honestly feel that God made sure you will have family to keep you busy while awaiting your appt. How fortunate for you! Many don't have their families around in the early stages of Recovery.

I'll keep you in my Prayers! God Bless,
Judy