View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LibertyorDeath
Hannitized

My Turn in the Frying Pan

...and I pray not into the fire~ I got one of the DREADED call-backs on my recent mammogram. ( I am not looking for any medical advice. I will get that on Wednesday with the doctor.)

Seems there have been "changes in breast tissue since last year".

I got the call on Thursday. My appt for my medical mammogram is this Wednesday. In the meantime, I had a wedding to attend today, a house guest arriving tomorrow for a week, my brother and his family visiting on Tuesday. I am completely overhwhelmed and believe God put these people here now to keep me busy and to keep my mind off of the possibilities.

My mom and husband tell me not to worry. Call backs happen often. Breast tissue changes throughout our lives....I still worry. I am scared. I fear the worst. I am waiting for the axe to fall.

Good news is...I have yearly mammograms and have since 35. I'm 39 now. No family history on either side (but I know that is NO guarentee). I was called back two years ago because of a density...When I went back no problem was detected. But the waiting is so difficult, Friends. I just want to know what is going on!

Any words of comfort are welcomed and really appreciated. Yes I have wanted to drink alcohol. From the moment I got the call I thought....well now. Isn't that a valid excuse? But I decided no. That is not for me anymore. I can handle what ever comes my way with a clear head. I can do this. I can handle anything they will tell me.