Old 07-12-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NeverAgain123

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
Welcome to the boards, man. Yeah, sounds pretty damn familiar, I must say. I'm bout to hit the sack here, so I'll catch up with you later. I just want to say that, yeah, as long as you can SUCCESSFULLY wean down your doses, and don't let it creep back up again, keeping *always* moving downward in terms of frequency and amount, you will end up with less acute withdrawals. How much less is a little hard to determine, but the lower the amount you're able to get down to before you step off, generally the better off you'll be, provided it's not just a super-fast taper (like, only a couple days).

You're right, the amount you're on isn't super high, nor the length of time.

Shoot, in my book, if you get it right this time and manage to stay clean from here on out (after your taper), you'll be 'nipping it in the bud' my friend.

I would point out that I was in almost your exact same shoes at one point, I got off the pills the first time while everything was still 'intact', my 'life', job, condo, girlfriend, money, credit etc. I got myself about 100 days clean, then decided one day to just take a couple vikes cause I was feeling really sick/crappy ... next thing I knew it was three years later, I'd lost pretty much everything, and needed about 240mg of OC's a day just to feel normal.

So I advise you take this 'round' very very seriously. All these things you're saying you 'just CAN'T throw away'? I thought the exact same thing at one point, and now I'm here to tell you: Oh YEAH you can!
Thanks for the advice.

So are you still taking OC's? Or have you finished this second round for good? I hope it is the latter.