Thread: I Did It!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stillsearching

I Did It!

I am so proud of myself, I filed for divorce! Over the last several months of coming here and doing some real soul searching, I was finally able to take the leap and I am so glad that I have. It is only the beginning for me now of getting out of this tangled web. So, I told him last night, I met him right after work, so that he would not be loaded. He was shocked, even though I told him that this had been coming, he still did not believe it. I asked him that we try to work together to get this resolved as soon as possible, he says "resolved as in over"?? Uhmmmm.....yes!

He drove away because he was getting upset, then when he got home, he was ticked off. He says he is going to talk to a attorney and do what is best for him and his daughter..(our 9 yr old) I said the best thing to do for your daughter is to get yourself into a treatment program!

We are asking for sole custody, supervised visitation (unless he gets treatment), child support, maintenance, and that he needs to leave the house. In our conversation not once did he take any responsibility...in fact later on in the night he was is the garage and I went out there to put some stuff in the recycle bin and caught him taking a swig out of the bottle he keeps in his car....nice, just really shows me that I AM doing the right thing, he's on his own now.

I found a new mantra too..."Out of this experience, only good will come"..I am working every day on changing my thoughts to good positive strong ones that will bring good, not the old dragged down ones that kept me where I was!! YIPPPEEEEE!!