View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Tally

Honey, if you're at the end of your rope after two months, imagine how you're gonna feel after two years...then 5 years..then 10...

The first few months of a relationship are supposed to be the honeymoon period, you're feeling like crap already after two months?

I came here about 3 years ago wondering what I could do to help my ABF, we'd been together for 2 years and I felt like I was going insane.
I threatened, I screamed, I cried, I manipulated...I drove myself almost MAD...he didn't..I did. When I came here I realised I wasn't helping him, I couldn't...I'm not that powerful, all I could do was take care of me.

If I knew then, after a couple of months how I would feel a few years down the line I woulda run like crazy..
Unless he's willing to get help he's gonna get worse...no doubt about it. And think about it, two months in, he's prolly on his best behaviour...

You don't have to leave him, but like the others said, what's the hurry? You don't have to move in with him so soon, you could sit back and see how it pans out, see if things improve, see if he gets help....there's no rush.

Just remember, you can't cure him or control him, he's not your problem to solve.

Nat x x x x