Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

I would never tell ppl they couldn't share at a meeting unless they were obviously high and spacey. Heck, if I even told the 2 we have on MMT not to share, they would probably leave and not return. I kind of feel sorry for them, they said it was 15 dollars a day (Each)! They told us that there are 500 ppl in the area on it. 500 x 15 a day = 7500 bucks a day they are making off addicts. That is over 225,000 a month! I think they are crooks. The same doc said after to meeting on the way to the parking lot to me, if I was a really unethical doc I would open a methodone clinic and make big money. I think it is bondage and I think it is sad.

I didn't even think or really remember hearing about methodone when I had my most difficult detox in Jan 06. I was sick for 10 days and I wanted to go to the ER for the first 24 hours cuz I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was weird. Had I known, I may have gone for it, but hubby wanted me just to stick it out.

Agreed, I do not think we should take others inventory. The guy who came though, asked right out if he was clean or not cuz he had not used herion for 18 mths. No one knew, one guy who has 7 yrs and is a doc told him yes. I did not know the literature was available.

I am not going to back tract and shove it in his face. I am happy he is clean off shooting herion and coming to the meetings, he is working and has a new baby. He said he is down now to 15 mls?? now?

I am just glad to be informed literature wise.

Sheila :-D