View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Chino

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Abundance -

But that the support that they received is earned by doing the next right thing.
Abundance, I'm so glad you highlighted that and lightseeker, thank you for posting it! You both were the answer to a prayer I said just before opening this thread!

My RAD is contemplating doing something outside of the parameters established by her halfway house and it involves a lie. I told her on the phone a few minutes ago that all halfway houses have rules and they all expect their residents to follow them. I told her if she gets caught she will probably get kicked out and she said she'd think about it.

Then I prayed. I told God that I hoped I said the right thing to her and I know I can't give advice until she asks for it. I said I needed him to guide me if there was more I could say or do without interfering. Then I read your posts. This is the text message I sent just now:

Always remember you have support in your recovery, from us and the community, when you earn it by doing the next right thing. We love you!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!