View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

OT: OMG... Just about passed out!!!

So, my hubby left for work at about 8:50 this morning. I rolled over in bed, kissed him goodbye, and told him to have a nice day, etc.... went right back to sleep (hey, I'm on summer break, and not a morning person. Surprised? lol).

At 9:20, I was awakened to a horrible sound. Our security alarm was going off. Unfortunately, our only keypad is downstairs, and I was upstairs, not about to go running down there, in case someone was in the house. Not knowing what else to do, I locked the bedroom door and called 911. I could hardly keep myself calm enough to talk to the operator and tell her what was going on; I literally felt myself hyperventilate. The operator was so nice; she stayed on the phone with me until the police arrived, which, by the way, took MAYBE 3-4 minutes tops, which is not bad, considering that we're on the other side of town.

Finally, the police came, and rang the doorbell. I led him inside, only to discover that it was, in fact, our garage door, which tends to get knocked open if it is not shut securely. So, no real danger or security threat.

I was so embarrassed!!! I mean, I don't know what else I could have done... what if there had really been a problem, and I went flying down there unarmed?

Oh, and to add insult to injury, remember me saying that my husband is a probation officer??? Well, he works very closely with the city PD, so I'm sure the officer knows whose wife I am lol...

So, my heart rate is slowly returning to normal... and I have told my husband that from now on, that door will be locked. He will have to use his keys to get in for lunch. May sound silly, but I refuse to have to call the cops every day like that.

Sorry. Hand to vent.